Strength in Teamwork and Safety in Numbers
Student Data Sheet #1
Team members _____________________________________________
Directions: Fill out one data sheet for each active anthill you observe.
- Describe the shape of the anthill (Check one answer below):
- Record the size of the anthill in cm:
- Describe the type of ants seen going in and out of the anthill:
Make up a name for your kind of ant.
Which bait does this ant take?
Is there more than one kind of ant at a bait?
- What color are they?
- Are they shiny or dull?
- How does the ant move? (give example)
- Do all the ants look alike? Or are some bigger with much bigger heads?