- "Florida's Ancient Islands" is a 16-page booklet produced in 1998 by the Lake Wales Ridge Ecosystem Working Group, under the
direction and authorship of Tricia Martin, Lake Wales Ridge Program Office, the
Florida Chapter of The Nature Conservancy. It was
made possible by a generous donation from Florida
Power Corporation and was printed by the Florida
Department of Environmental Protection.
- This Ancient Islands Web site, based on that publication, was made possible by a grant
from The Elizabeth Ordway Dunn Foundation to
the Archbold Biological Station. It was created in 1999
with text editing by Fred E. Lohrer, Archbold Biological Station, and with additional
- Web site design is by Fred E. Lohrer, Archbold Biological Station, and Anita Huber and
Robert Connors, INsight America.
- The reader may print pages from this Web site for non-profit education and conservation
- A paper copy of "Florida's Ancient Islands" may be obtained from the author at
225 East Stuart Ave., Lake Wales, FL 33853 or call 863-678-1551.