Welcome to Archbold Biological Stations
Nature Trail, "Scrub Discovery."
- Join us on a virtual tour of the Archbold Biological Stations nature trail,
"Scrub Discovery." This tour will allow you to view the ½ mile trail and read
the text from the trail guide. The guide emphasizes plant identification and scrub
- Archbold is an independent, non-profit organization and is not part of a state or
federal agency. Yet we encourage visitors to the station who are eager to learn more about
the Florida Scrub and our various research and education programs.
- If, after viewing this site, you wish to visit Archbold
Biological Station, please be advised that there are always risks associated with
visiting wild land. Behave responsibly and take all normal precautions for visiting a
wildlife area. Archbold is not liable for accidents, illnesses, and other forces of nature
visitors may incur while on Station property. Before touring the facilities or hiking the
nature trail, please sign our guest register/liability waiver at the Visitor Kiosk
or in the Main Office. No pets are allowed and sensible outdoor clothing is recommended
including hats and closed-toe shoes.
- Although no fee is charged, we strongly encourage visitors to make a tax-deductible
donation in the Main Office to our Land Acquisition Fund. Through your donations,
additional acres of threatened scrub in Highlands County, Florida, can be preserved and
maintained as a natural ecosystem.
- Group tours (10 or more people) may be scheduled in advance by contacting
Archbolds Education Office (863) 465-2571. Tours include a talk; about the history
of the Station, the Florida Scrub, and Station research projects, and a walking tour of
the Main Building.
- This nature trail information is available in the Archbold Biological Station Visitor
Guidebook that can be obtained at the Visitor Kiosk or from the Main Office. Nature
trail information from this website and Visitor Guidebook is the sole property of Archbold
Biological Station; however, teachers are permitted to download pages for educational