The scientific bibliography of Archbold Biological Station
ARCHBIB, The scientific bibliography of Archbold Biological Station. It includes all scientific publications by Archbold Biological Station (ABS) staff and publications by visiting scientists based on research done at ABS, Buck Island Ranch (BIR), or the Archbold Reserve. Thus, STABIB is the record of scientific information about the ecosystems of ABS and BIR.
Publications by the Station - Ecology, Land Management, Conservation and Education
- Indigo Snake Report – 65-page PDF file (Layne, J.N., and T.M. Steiner. 1996. Eastern indigo snake (Drymarchon corais couperi): Summary of research conducted at Archbold Biological Station. Report 43910-6-0134 to U.S. Fish Wildl. Serv., Jackson, MS PDF file
- FINAL REPORT ON PROJECT T-15-D: LAKE WALES RIDGE SCRUB ARTHROPODS. Deyrup, M. and J Carrel. 2012. 106 PAGE pdf FILE OF AN Unpublished Report to Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. PDF File
- State Wide Assessment of Florida Scrub-Jays on Managed Areas -- 43-page PDF file (Boughton, R.K. and R. Bowman. 2011. State wide assessment of Florida scrub-jays on managed areas: A comparison of current populations to the result of the 1992-93 survey. Archbold Biological Station, Venus, FL) PDF file
- State of the Scrub -- (Turner, W.R., et al. 2006. State of the scrub: Conservation progress, management responsibilities, and land acquisition priorities for imperiled species of Florida's Lake Wales Ridge.)
See also: Turner, W. R., D. S. Wilcove, and H. M. Swain. 2006. Assessing the effectiveness of reserve acquisition programs in protecting rare and threatened species. Conservation Biology 20:1657-1669. PDF file
- Lake Wales Ridge Boundary map 2008 -- 20 page pdf file, an ecological map of Florida's Lake Wales Ridge: A new boundary delineation and an assessment of post-Columbian habitat loss. Florida scientist 71:45-64.) -- link to maps from article.
- Lake Annie Report -- 81-page PDF file (Layne, J.N. 1979. Natural features of the Lake Annie Tract, Highlands County, Florida)
- Lake Annie 2005 Workshop Report -- 70-page PDF file (Swain, H.M. and E. Gaiser. 2005. Report of the Lake Annie Workshop, Archbold Biological Station, 23-24 June 2005)
- Station Vegetation Paper -- 40-page PDF file (Abrahamson, W. G., A. F. Johnson, J. N. Layne, and P. A. Peroni. 1984. Vegetation of the Archbold Biological Station, Florida: an example of the southern Lake Wales Ridge. Florida Scientist 47:209-250.
- Jewels of the Ridge -- 5-page PDF file (Weekley, C. 2006. Jewels of the ridge: 20 imperiled plants of the Lake Wales Ridge. Palmetto 24(1):4-7,11.)
- Fire Management Plan
- Archbold Biological Station Biennial Report 1995-1996
- Archbold Biological Station Biennial Report 1997-1998
- Archbold Biological Station Biennial Report 1999-2000
- Florida Scrub Coloring Book